illustration by Geninne D. Zlatkis

illustration by Geninne D. Zlatkis

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I haven't even designed this blog yet, but I need to express why it is so urgent for me to communicate in this manner! Since our beginnings in 2004, so many children's stores have employed the term "Fair trade" toys to toys that are made in factories in China and Vietnam! A fair trade product is NOT an "ethically made" (ie in a factory that adheres to basic standards of human rights) product and it certain is not just any old "wooden toy"!!!! The fact that this is being claimed by businesses in Australia is just astounding and in the pages to come we will debunk this greenwash as well as share our inspirations and stories. Glad I've got that off my chest and now to a well earned nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment